Asha Chennai successfully organized RightStart 2018, the residential training from May 25 -29, 2018 at IIT campus Vanavani School. More than 60 teachers from various Asha Chennai associated projects from all over Tamilnadu attended RightStart 2018. Teachers from the following partner organization also attended the programme.
- TEA Trust – Little flower convent.
- Olcott Memorial Higher Secondary School, Besant Nagar.
- Thulir Trust.
- Arivu Maiyam.
The following training sessions were held:
- English teaching with emphasis on teachers’ own English knowledge– Jayashree Arun (teacher from PS Senior Secondary School) – 1.5 days.
- Maths (Learning through activities and handling the new class in the beginning of the year) – Meena Suresh from Ramanujam Museum & Math Education Centre – 2 days.
- Identifying Dyslexia –Harini Mohan from Madras Dyslexia Association – 0.5 days.
- Science through Experiments – Teachers of Asha Chennai from Thiruvallur – 0.5 days.
At the end of the 5 days of training, all the teachers who participated we given certificates.
RightStart 2018 was funded by Asha Frankfurt chapter a sister chapter of Asha Chennai.
Click here to see the photos from RightStart – 2018.
Click here for a detailed report on the event.
Click here for a expenses detailed on the event.